Who we are
How we use your information
This privacy statement explains how the protect.scot website collects and uses personal information about you to provide you with services. In general terms, protect.scot collects and uses personal information about you:
- To deal with your requests and enquiries
- To provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the general location (country or city) of users. This helps to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries
- For analysis and research purposes, so that we may improve the performance of protect.scot
We collect data from you when you:
- Visit our website (including cookies, IP addresses, hostnames and search engines)
- Contact us; we may collect your email address, contact phone number and any other personal data contained in your message
When you contact us asking for information, we may need to contact other government bodies to find that information. Once you have received a reply, we will keep a record of your message for a maximum of three months for reference and audit purposes. After which, it will be deleted unless it is used to stay in contact with you about supporting the work of protect.scot.
Links to third-party websites
When will protect.scot contact me?
We may contact you in relation to any correspondence we receive from you, including any comments or complaints you make to protect.scot.
In addition, if you believe that the data we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, you can ask us to update our records. If you are unhappy with the way in which we process your personal data, you can request that we stop or restrict the processing we complete using your personal data. You can also ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
Find out more about your rights on the Information Commissioner’s site.
In some circumstances, we may not be able to comply with your request. This is because some of these rights are conditional and can only be applied in certain circumstances and/or where there is no compelling reason to continue to process your personal data.
The Data Protection Officer, Data Protection and Information Assets Team V Spur, Saughton House, Broomhouse Drive, Edinburgh EH11 3XD
You can also report any concerns here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling